D's Diary

This is Danielle's diary of life in Japan, working, partying and having a good time.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday Update!!

Yay its friday and the weekend starts soon!! This week has been busy at school, heaps of classes but yay next week its exams for the 2nd year students so I only have classes for the 1st year students. So I havnt told you what I got up to last weekend yet, I'll quickly catch you up.
Last saturday night I went to my friend Helen's house for dinner. she such a good cook and korean so she made me jap/korean food! was soooo good. then we went into namba to meet some friends to watch the soccer-england vs paraguay???? I wasnt that interested but had nothing else planned so went along, glad I went thought as we turned up and EVERYONE was there. about 40 people standing outside that station drinking conbini beers! We headed into umeda as we had been invited by the british coucnil to watch the soccer at their pub. we thought there would be other japanese people there too but it was only us in this really posh lounge with big sofas and waiters bringing us our drinks. However it was soooo expensive to buy drinks there, like 850yen per glass of beer so everyone started going down to conbini and getting cheap beer and chu-hi. The waiters so knew what was happening as everyone was pouring it into the glasses from the bar and it was way too obvious! after the game everone wasnt ready to move on just yet so we ended up having a huge singalong with the piano. this girl even got on the really flash grand piano and was like performing! the waiters got angry and basically kicked us out. Didnt really want to go clubbing as wanted to have a "sunday", so got a taxi, as we had already missed the last train, and I bartered with the taxi driver and got a good deal for four of us back to nakamozu!!

Sunday was awesome!! We to this place to called ROUND 1. Its a game centre and its all-you-can-play for 3 hours for a set price. We went rollar skating, played soccer, tennis, baseball, pitching, soccer, table tennis, basketball, bowling, shooting, and all the maching games like at time out!! It was soooo fun! we were there for 4hours coz after all you can play we took purikura(picture stickers). I love them!! Glen says its his best day in japan so far!! we are goin gback this weekens. it seems like a random thing to do but when yourin japan you have to make the most of the all-you-can......... .

By the way Im going to the black eyed peas concert on the 11th of july, got my tickets last night. cant wait as I love them!! and Madonna is coming to osaka in september and Mariah carey is coming in october! katya do ya wanna go to any????

Have a great weekend! Later!!

4 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Katya said...

What a cool place! CW'll def be in for Mariah surely - not me though. Madonna I could contemplate tho - why not!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Man you're lucky! How many concerts like that do we get here! Are they good pricewise?
Good to hear you guys are doing random stuff! I wish we even had the option in Chch... makes me wanna leave sooo bad! Oh well 10 months to go! Mite stop off n see you on the way? Me n Kat are contemplating still! Would that be cool?

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Kiwi Cows said...

hi!
cw here

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Tania Hennessy said...

Man that game place sounds cool as! Shooting??? I think you should blog your stickers
Madge is coming to Japan, that would be one cool concert!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home