I LOVE BIRTHDAYS!!
hanging outside the conbini!in his mouth just before he spewed!!
YAY karaoke!
Me, cathy an christey
As you can tell from the title I love birthdays! Mine was fun!
Ill start wth friday night the day before my birthday, just so you can get alllll the details!
So we had a school enkai on (party for teachers that are leaving and new ones starting). It was at this really flash french restaurant so we had to be quite formal. me and kevin (the guy I work with) were running late as usual so we got stuck on this table with teachers we had never seen before!! and he has been here 2 years. I think they were chemistry teachers so that explains it. It was random anyway, but we asked if we could sit together. so no one talked throughout the whole meal and it was real uncomfrotable! I tried to talk to the little lady next to me and she would answer with one word answers! so I gave up. It was unlimited free drinks so we decided that we needed a few drinks to make it not so uncomfortable anymore. We ordered, screwdrivers, and gin and tonics and then bottles of wine. suddenly the whole enkai and speeches were over and we had a whole bottle of wine to go so we took it with us! some random teacher ( a male) was calling me beautiful D, I have no idea who he was at all. He was really drunk and trying to speak english when he clearly couldn't. Afterwards we went to karaoke with our favourite teacher who has now retired -Mr Miyataka and a few other older teachers. Didnt have to pay as they put it on their credit cards, so had a few drinks there too.
Then me and kev trained back to Nakamozu (where we live) and met up wih some of the young teachers and decided we needed MORE karaoke! Kevin is soooooo good. While he was belting out the beatles, john lennon, george micheal and everyone singing along, I was singing kelly clarkson, christina and a bit of coolio-ganstars paradise. and the jap teachers had no idea what I was singing! Oh yeah I also did 'time after time' which is quite easy. Anyway got to bed about 3am. havnt got any photos coz I FORGOT my camera-stupid aye!
Saturday 20th-MY BIRTHDAY!
The next morning I woke up with a hangover. couldnt really get out of bed till 12pm. glen made me breakfast in bed, good old, poached eggs on toast, bacon , and hashbrowns.
Then went and got my hair cut. just a trim and a few layers here and there. nothing special.
That night we went out for dinner to a thai restaurant in Namba. just close friends. it was sooooo good, we had so many different dishes. then afterwards went and got purikura!! I love it. they are the little sticker photos. and in japan they are awesome coz you can decorate them yourself and you can get glitter ones too!
Me glen, christey and gio went to karaoke for an hour of nomihodai (all you cand drink) after satnding at a conbini for an hour drinking cheap alcohol and deciding what to do. Then to 'sam and daves' club for a dance, however the music wasnt good ... till about 4am. Christey was adding to the UN, while gio was spewing and I was looking after him and glen was dancing by himself on the dancefloor!! so it was a great night!!
slept allllll day sunday to recover.
so its been a long blog this time, hope you didnt fall asleep reading it!
there will be photos soon!
danielle xxx
P.S-I didnt tell you my pressies.
from glen I got- a bling bracelet, destinys child in concert DVD, newlyweds DVD box set.
Christey and gio-scarf and belt, photoframe
mum-underwear sets, NZ t-shirt, mascara and other random stuff, NZ lollies.
dad-jewelry box
and theres more to come as Im seeing mel tomorrow!!!


8 Comments:
hey d, sorry no comment from me in awhile...im lame, i hav no excuse! is ur bday 20th may? guess who u share a bday with, CHER!!! lucky u!! she was 60 this year, oh my!
soundz like a wicked weekend!!! cw adding to the un is classic!! cant wait for more fotos. i miss u guys xx slash
Yea, what a cool update. What a cool birthday rager - having birthdays on Saturday's is sweet. I think mine is a Thursday this year. Dam, still have to work the next day for that!
Karaoke sounds sooooo massive in Japan. Me and Michelle had a little karaoke jam in my lounge last night. She kicked my ass however and made me sing the veronicas *shudder*
Hey D glad you had a wicked nite -great update!
You are karaoke crazy! Its so funny how there's such a skill to being good at karaoke. Like toby's got a good voice, but if you don't know how the song goes properly it turns to crap - like when T and I tried to sing the veronicas and realised we had no idea except the chorus - hideous for all!
Tell us more about your friends - a list with interesting facts so we know who you're talking about!
What's your address btw?
Haha, Michelle made me sing the veronicas the other day and I think I was more disturbed at the fact that I actually knew the words! How and why I don't know
Happy belated Birthday Danielle!!
Nothing like drinking outside a conbini really is there? especially not when there is such an abundance of delicious canned cocktails to be had. ahhhh pure class.
so you know the guy at Bunkyo now? ranodm. what's he like? I'm thinking of going to check out me old hood when I go to tokyo next (next) week.
ahhh, your post has made me want to drink.
actually speaking of, off to karaoke tonight. ohhhh yeah!!
MY ADDRESS is
Hainesusenta Court 601
2 cho 50
Nakamozu
Sakai city
5918023
Osaka-fu
Japan
sorry its a bit jumbled around but you can figure it out!!
yep, twas a good night for all. but that photo of pre ralph gio is farken gross!
cw
Post a Comment
<< Home