D's Diary

This is Danielle's diary of life in Japan, working, partying and having a good time.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Monday morning goss!

Once again I have not updated for ages! so this will be long. I had a great anzac day a while back, we went to tins hall (christey might have written about this) anyway and drank too much NZ wine and rapped to scribe and OMC!! and all the aussies thought we were losers. anyway, was a great night until we went home. on the train I spewed maybe twice, had to get off. couldn't wake glen up so left him on there. finally got back to my aprtment and saw glen lying on the side of the road asleep. so after violently waking him up we realised he didnt have his jacket which had our house keys, his PSP(portable playsation) which cost like 30,000 yen , bike keys, and cell phone in the pockets! so had to taxi to christey's house and drunkenly show the taxi driver the way-and the only way I knew was the biking way where you have to go through all these little alley ways! the driver wasnt impressed. Stayed the night there and had to call up sick the next day,actually christey did it for me! as couldnt get into house and I couldnt move coz I would have been sick! spent the day in spewy clothes, trying to find his jacket, getting new house keys-which cost like 250 dollars as they were ones to get into the building and going to report to police etc. dont know where jacket is. he might have left it on the train-dinno as no memory!I also had this massive bruise and bump on my head-so lets go with the story that I was punched in the head and the jacket was stolen! will upload photos when I get home!!

on a better note, just had a great weekend. well actually it was 5 days off! It has been golden week in japan so that means lots of national holidays. Kylie beck and her boyf tristan came over from aussie on wed night and are staying with us for a week. We did a day trip to hiroshima on thursday, went to the peace park and A-bomb site. then went to an island called miyajima which has wild deer everywhere. went for this huge walk up a mountain and the view was amazing, but my legs hurt. we had to run down as we just about missed the last cable car down!

Friday we went to koya san-a mountain with 55 temples on it in wakayama-the next prefecture over from osaka. so I had two full on days. Went out for dinner on friday with some of our friends to our local indian restuarant, two indian guys own it. I never know whether to speak eng or jap as whenever I speak they reply in the opposite language. its so confusing!After dinner we decided we would all do some karaoke for 2 hours. they give you tamborines! sung a few tunes-spice girls, christina, TLC, mariah, oasis, coolio!-ganstars paradise!

Me and kylie biked home and glen and tristan(kylies boyf) went to the cheap 280 yen bar for a couple of beers. Glen had work the next day so said he'll be home soon. at 5am the door bell rang and it was glen! then he came up and said he didnt know where tristan was. kylie freaked out for a bit and the the doorbell rang and it was tristan -still drinking with a beer in his hand. they said they had been hanging out with the japanese hip hop dancing guys that hang out by our station for 3 hours! glen said that they were dancing with them! and they came home with 2 CDs-dont know if they were given them or what!!so glen had 3 hours sleep and had to teach little kids reaking (spell?) of alcohol and his eyes popping out of his head!

saturday night-was a good one. started off with some all you can drink karaoke in the city and then went to a hip hop club, which was awesome. met our other friends there and danced till the first train-5am.

Ok im sick of typing now so im gonna go. this has been long-I hope it wasnt too boring for y'all. Im going to read everyone elses monday morning updates now! I ll put photos on soon when I get home from work, so watch this space!! d xx

7 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Katya said...

Yay finally! I've been checking for like a week! Good stuff D sounds great, I'd just have to replace hiphop with other music and I'd be loving it there!Your Jap must be shithot by now aye?

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Tania Hennessy said...

Thats a much better font colour danielle!
Man, who knew you could have such a blast in Japan huh. Boy do I love the sound of an all you can drink bar - my eyes would light up just like they do when someone suggests all you can eat. I hope your still in Japan when I come over sometime - anywhere to snowboard near where you live?

Great update! Sux about Glens stuff disappearing

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Danielle_japan said...

tania japan one of the best places to go skiing and snowboarding in the world. you could go up to hokkaido, and get good snow there.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Danielle_japan said...

kat there are soooooo many clubs you would love here in osaka-theres always rock music and house and trance parties on in clubs. and drum and bass, a mixture really!
Im like a week behind on my updates-Im never home to do it.
I still have to put photos on from hiroshima.
ill do it when kylie leaves.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Danielle_japan said...

p.s my japanese is sooooo shit. like im fine with everyday stuff but i havnt improved at all. I failed 2kyuu so that just shows you how bad it must be. I havnt studied one bit since the exam, Im gonna start up again soon tho when I get the motivation!
Toby will probably be better than me.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Tania Hennessy said...

Japan is one of my top snowboarding destinations to go to, dam it. I need to win lotto or something

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Katya said...

Don't be so silly! Toby can't possibly be better, he finished studying in Novemebr (plus he just studied one year) and hasn't spoken since so he really can't remember anything - I feel like that too, but just hoping when I get there it'll all come back as long as I make the effort! Hey- if talk to each other then its not so embarrassing if we're crap!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home