I played soccer!!
So this is at dinner time, some of the boys decided to
wear the Spa world pajamas that they stole! Spa world is
an onsen place in osaka. they even wore these hidious things
out to the after party!
Hi eveyone! yes I am still alive!but a bit slack on the updates. anyway ill fill you in on my soccer weekend last weekend (3rd and 4th June). I went to Awaji island to play soccer in a tournament for the Osaka JET girls team. Most of you know that I cant play soccer and never have as Im too scared so you should be proud of me! It was actually really fun, even though was a sub I did get to play and I even got a goal -and it was with my left foot!! We won all the 6 games and got into the semi final and then it went down hill. A guy in the boys team that glen was in got injured and had to go to hospital so our captain holly went with him as they live in the same apartment and she had all his details. then our goalie dianne was spewing on the sideline due to drinking the night before so we were down two players and one of them our captain!! the only subs were me, roisin and cathy who were all beginners! so we had to play alot of the game. anyway it was 0-0 at the end of the game so we had to go to penalty shoot outs. and we lost so it was a bit disapointing coz we had played so well and had bet this team the day before easily.
anyway the weekend was really fun, there was about 40 JETs and partners that went from osaka and then there were teams from around japan too, so saturday night was a good one. I am definatley playing in the winter tournment. katya you too!!!! I think its in october so you have that to look forward to and toby can play in the guys team!


5 Comments:
Sounds like you had a great weekend hard luck on losing your team mates sounds like you wouyld have won easily this weekend was a soccer weekend for me i watched england verse prague at 1 in the morning got up went to outdooir soccer played midfeild which i found yet again that im unfit , then left that 10 minutes early and raced over to indoor where we won that to so all in al;l it was great !
That sounds like so much fun - I can't wait! I am extremely proud of you - goal and everything fantastic!!!
Hey are you and G in Osaka Aug 5-10th? I wanna come by myself while T's in T, but CW might be away and if you guys are too then that would just suck!
Man, all you guys talk about soccer makes me wanna play soccer - it sounds fun as. Then I remember I can't kick a ball and am terribly unfit!
hey katya! I wont be here as I'll be in vietnam with my mum, I get back on the 13th of august and then we are going travelling around japan, climbing mt fuji etc! could you not come till a week or two after toby? it was really good when glen came after me, as I had everything set up and had got settled and used to school a little. and he will have like seminars etc to go to alot. have you already booked your flights??
That's cool, but I don't want to come after him and he doesn't want me to either! He might not start work til the end of August so it would be silly for him to be on holiday by himself plus I'd like to help 'set-up'- also we'd like to say bye to everyone together. It's all good, something will work out- Joanne might come to Tokyo with me and I have old friends I'd like to catch up with anyway. Thanks tho x
Post a Comment
<< Home